By Carolyn Martin (CHEC Director of Government Relations)
It is Time
It is time to examine what ideology is being pushed in the government schools. It is time to ask the question, just how dangerous is it?
I have become increasingly concerned over the last few years at the transformation rapidly taking place in our education system. The bills being presented at the Capitol merely reflect what is already happening on the ground in our public schools. The education bureaucrats just want to solidify it into law and make sure rural Colorado plays along, all the while espousing local control.
Even though this pandemic exposed the manipulation tactics and indoctrination going on in the classroom, parents, even homeschool parents, still want the schools to get back to normal so they can send their children there. This baffles my mind. Perhaps it is because they really don’t know. Well, let me tell you about just some of what is being put into the standards and what is on the horizon.
This session, the following bills passed into law:
- Media Literacy Education (HB21-1103): Teaches children what is true and what is “fake news.” Follow the resources in this report and check out the leading supplier of this education. The resources clearly push one viewpoint, one set of values, and one truth.
- Civics Education (SB21-067): Teaching the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence all sounds good, but check out this report and this one. The ultimate goal is to make activists for their socialist cause and undermine our founding principles.
- Bullying Prevention Education (HB21-1221): While bullying should not be tolerated, education around preventing it normalizes ungodly behaviors and tends to focus on differences instead of common ground. Check out this report, this website, and this article.
Already being taught in schools:
- Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE): The aim is to sexualize children as young as they can. Learn more about the curriculum here.
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL): This curriculum brings in anti-God tools to teach such things as mindfulness, grit, and resiliency. Check out this article and this one.
- Critical Theory/Critical Race Theory (CRT)/Social Justice: All across the nation parents are rising up against this curriculum in the public schools. It’s well entrenched in colleges and universities, but K-12 is not immune. Check out this article.
More to come:
- Ethnic Studies: California just mandated it. The curriculum tears at the very fabric of Americanism and calls for a “counter genocide.” Check out this article and this one.
After investigating these new standards, would you say it is time to leave the government schools? I hope so. Part-time programs and charter schools will not remain untouched. It is time to choose wisely and build our houses on the fullness of truth!
The wisest of women builds her house, but folly with her own hands tears it down (Proverbs 14:1 ESV).
Preserving the haven of homeschooling has never been more critical! Join me in praying for our homeschool freedoms. Make sure to stop by and see me at the Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference!
Trusting in the mighty power and grace of Jesus,
Carolyn Martin, CHEC Director of Government Relations
Leave a Reply