All Colorado homeschooled children are invited to join CHEC’s annual spelling bee! Winners are then eligible for the statewide Denver Post Spelling Bee, and qualifiers from that competition will compete in the National Scripps Spelling Bee. (All homeschooled children are invited – not required to be affiliated with CHEC.)
Be creative and have fun with your preparation. Spelling study groups can be formed from your support group, with other families, or within your own family with multiple siblings. Work hard to prepare, then bring the family for competition day: it’s a positive experience for all participants and will help students prepare for the statewide bee.
CHEC Colorado Homeschool Spelling Bee
- WHEN? Saturday, January 28, 2023
- 8:00 am — Doors open
- 8:30 am — Written test begins
- 10:00 am — Break (grading of written tests)
- 10:30 am — Oral competition begins
- 12:30 pm — Tentative end time
- WHO? Any homeschool student in the state of Colorado. The speller must not have passed beyond the 8th grade on or before February 1, 2023. The speller must not have reached his/her 15th birthday on or before August 31, 2022.
- WHERE? Reformation Church of Elizabeth: 489 Rocky Cliff Cir, Elizabeth, CO 80107
- COST? $25 per student.
- REGISTRATION? 2023 Spelling Bee registration will close January 16, 2023.
- CAN I JUST WATCH? Yes! You’re welcome to come and experience the oral competition with your children to support participants and learn if you’d like to participate in the future. Just contact us (email@example.com) to find out what time the oral competition begins.
Are you looking for a resource to help your kids learn the spelling words? They can play spelling and word meaning games with all 450 words from the 2022 School Spelling Bee Study List in the Word Club app for free! (CHEC is not affiliated with the Word Club)