All homeschoolers are invited to join other families across Colorado at CHEC’s special homeschool graduation ceremony that recognizes the graduates, honors the parents, and gives glory to God.
Invite friends and family to celebrate with you in your student’s completion of high school!
Graduation Address Speaker: Bill Jack
Bill Jack is faculty advisor for Worldview Academy, an academic leadership program that seeks to train Christian students to think and live in accord with a Biblical worldview so that they will serve Christ and lead the culture. Bill has appeared on numerous radio and television programs. Bill’s passion is to raise up a generation who have the vision to reach their culture with the gospel, who have the valor to engage that culture with the truth and who rely on the virtue of the Word of God. Bill and his wife, Tabby, have three grown children, one granddaughter and live in Castle Rock, Colorado.
- Deadline: April 16, 2018
- Cost: $160 per graduate
- Date & Location: Choose one ceremony time (available on a first-come basis):
- Friday, May 4th at 7 pm in Elizabeth
- Saturday, May 5th at 10 am in Littleton
- Saturday, May 5th at 3 pm in Littleton
- Who: Any homeschool student (regardless of curriculum or independent school affiliation) is invited to participate.
- Program bio: Graduates submit a brief biography to be included in the graduation ceremony program. It can include favorite Bible verse, favorite subjects, accomplishments, hobbies, future plans, special awards/recognitions, etc. (Due April 16th.)
- Slideshow photos: Graduates submit up to three photos (baby, elementary, senior) to be included in the slideshow played during the ceremony. Photos will be reviewed for modesty and family-friendliness. (Due April 16th.)
- Invite friends: Join the event on Facebook (choose Friday 7 pm or Saturday 10 am or 3 pm) and share with your friends!
- Location: The ceremonies are held at separate locations depending on dates:
- Friday: Reformation Church of Elizabeth (489 Rocky Cliff Circle, Elizabeth, CO 80107)
- Saturday: Waterstone Church (5890 South Alkire Street, Littleton, Colorado 80127)
Click to view more information:
What traditional graduation elements are included?
- “Pomp and Circumstance” as graduate and parents enter
- Special music during the ceremony
- Commencement address and charge to the graduates
- Parents’ presentation of the diploma
- And finally – the 2018 Class is announced!
What does my registration cost include?
- Participation in the ceremony
- A cap and gown
- A printed diploma and cover
- Ceremony programs
- Optional Photo/Video package ($40) includes the following (delivered via download):
- 2 Camera HD Video Download of the Ceremony
- Up to 3 Portraits of the Graduate – (e.g., Grad, Grad w/Parents, Grad w/Family)
- Photo of Grad entering the ceremony
- Photo of Grad receiving the diploma
- Group Photo
- 10-15 assorted photos of the ceremony
Are invitations/announcements included in the package?
No, each family takes care of creating/ordering and sending their own invitations. (Often families will have a separate open house celebration following the ceremony and want to include that information within their announcements.)
How do I submit my bio and pictures?
Check your graduation registration confirmation email for a link to the form to upload your biography and pictures for the ceremony. (If you don’t see your registration confirmation, check your spam folder.)
When will I receive my cap & gown?
You should receive your cap & gown in the mail around the Monday or Tuesday before the graduation ceremony.
We recommend opening up your gown package and having it ironed/steamed before the day of the ceremony. (Or, hang it in your bathroom and the steam will help iron it out.)
When will I receive the diploma?
You will pick up the diploma right before the ceremony.
Where is the ceremony held?
The ceremony will be held at Waterstone Church, just off C-470 and Bowles Avenue in Littleton (5890 South Alkire Street, Littleton, Colorado 80127).
How long is the ceremony?
The ceremony will last about 2 to 2 1/2 hours depending on the number of graduates.
What should we wear?
Graduates, please come dressed and ready when you arrive at the church building. Time will allow for slipping on caps and gowns only and not for dressing and/or primping. Out of respect for the church facility and the occasion, we ask that the graduates and their families wear dress clothes.
When do I need to arrive?
Graduates and their parent(s) must arrive at the church two (2) hours prior to their scheduled ceremony for preparation and rehearsal. Time will allow for slipping on caps and gowns.
How much time is allotted for parents to speak during the diploma presentation?
Parents will be given 90 seconds to speak to their graduate. Both parents can speak and even the graduate themselves can speak, but you are limited to 90 seconds total per family. As you plan what to say, think about homeschool memories, memories of your graduate as he/she was growing up, spiritual growth of your child, or personal attributes when commemorating their graduation. If you just want to say, “We’re proud of you!” that would be fine.
Please decide ahead of time which parent will actually present the diploma. Examples of what might be said at the time of presentation are: “It is a privilege to present this diploma to you.” Or, “It is with great pleasure that we present you with this diploma.” These are only suggestions; please be as creative as you’d like.
You have the liberty to choose what you want to say at this milestone in your child’s life. You all have worked hard and this is the time to truly celebrate.