CHEC takes a bold stand at the Colorado State Capitol to protect your homeschool freedom, parental rights, and religious liberty through the Colorado Homeschool Freedom team. Will you stand with us?
We’re grateful for God’s faithfulness to provide dedicated leaders and volunteers who have protected our freedom since the passing of Colorado’s home education law in 1988. And today, with pressures mounting here and around the nation, we are determined to make sure that work continues.
CHEC Director of Government Relations Carolyn Martin leads the effort through the Colorado Homeschool Freedom Team, monitoring legislation at the Capitol in both the House and Senate on your behalf. But we need you to join us!
Join the Team & Take Action
Complete this form to get started making a difference for your homeschool freedom in Colorado.
Colorado Homeschool Freedom Team
More Colorado Homeschool Freedom Resources
1. Contact your representatives
- Find Your State Legislators (using your street address)
- List of all legislators
- Find Your US and State Legislators (via HSLDA)
- Tips for Meeting with Your Legislators
- Read Carolyn Martin’s helpful sheet on Engaging with the Legislative Process
2. Join the Home School Legal Defense Association (homeschool rights)
CHEC highly recommends joining the Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA). In addition to fighting for homeschool liberty throughout the United States, HSLDA provides a plethora of information for homeschoolers.
3. Join Heritage Defense (parental rights)
CHEC also recommends joining Heritage Defense, a non-profit legal advocacy organization dedicated to advancing the Kingdom of Christ by protecting and empowering the biblical family. Their mission is to defend the parental rights of Christian home educating families against illegitimate attacks by social services.
4. Homeschool Research Resources
- National Home Education Research Institute (NHERI)
- Homeschooling Backgrounder
- Concerning education in general: Truth in American Education
- Donate funds
- Subscribe to prayer update emails: Sent weekly during the legislative session (January–May) and monthly the rest of the year, these emails include Scripture, prayer items, action items, and additional ways for you to get involved.
- Subscribe to the CHEC Blog for Legislative Updates: Blog posts are sent weekly, with legislative updates published every other week during the legislative session (January–May) that include detailed information and overviews of current issues. (View past updates here.)
- Join the private Colorado Homeschool Freedom prayer group on Facebook: Receive an invite to join a private Facebook group where you can give and receive up-to-date prayer requests.
- Volunteer: Sign up for more information on serving at Meet Your Legislator Day and Homeschool Day at the Capitol.
- Prayer meetings at the Capitol: Held weekly on Tuesdays at 11:00 am; no RSVP is needed and all are welcome.
- The CHEC Homeschool Update: The free magazine is mailed three times a year with legislative updates and Christian homeschooling family news and encouragement. By signing up for the Homeschool Freedom team, you are automatically subscribed.