Make sure you’ve chose the correct assessment/testing/evaluation option:
- I filed a Notice of Intent under Homeschool Law: view the Homeschool Law and Testing FAQs
- I’m a member of the CHEC Independent School: view School policies and Assessment Information
- I’m a member of another independent School: check your school’s policies
Professional Testers & Evaluators
Choose a location to view information about professionals in that area. Please note: The inclusion of these professionals on our website is meant to be a service to our constituents and does not constitute an endorsement by CHEC.
We strive to keep our resource listings accurate. If you find an error or have a suggested addition, please let us know.
Statewide & Online
Christian Cottage Services
- Teri Spray, qualified test examiner: 303-688-6626
- www.christiancottage.org or www.christiancottage.processingskills.com
- Services: Woodcock Johnson Test of Achievement; Version III and the updated version IV. Also offering the Gibson Cognitive Test of Abilities (measuring auditory, visual & cognitive processing).
- Credentials: Supporting Colorado Home educators since 1986, specializing in learning challenges. Testing services include answers and advice on learning strategies as well as curriculum planning. (Colorado certified teacher with a BA in Elementary Ed.)
- Services: Homeschool evaluations and assistance
- Credentials: BA in Human Development; current Colorado Elementary Education Teacher’s License; homeschool mom; former public and private school teacher; author of books and textbooks for homeschool families.
- Services: ITBS/Woodcock-Johnson IV, Stanford Achievement Test
- Services: Proctoring state tests for Stanford 10 and ITBS, through Bob Jones University. Private tutoring for students with dyslexia through the Barton Reading and Spelling System.
- Credentials: Certified test administrator; CA teaching credential (life credential for elementary); CO teaching credential.
- Services: Evaluations based on work samples (portfolios or notebooks welcome!) and help with high school planning and transcripts.
- Credentials: Current teaching license in CO and CA. Experience with a variety of schooling methods, styles, and curricula. Experience working with special needs and accelerated students. Ten years in the classroom, 3 years as consultant/evaluator for a homeschool charter school, 3 years as transcript coordinator for an independent school for homeschoolers, and homeschool mom. Serving Colorado homeschool families since 2010!
Judy Van Acker
- Services: Evaluation/ $40 per evaluation
- Credentials: Colorado Certified Teacher, Masters in Library Science
Nancy Horne, MS
- 719-440-8591 or 719-495-9702
- Services: Evaluation
Deborah Randall: Learning in the Springs
- Services: Evaluations based on work samples (portfolios, projects, and notebooks welcome!) and oral reading assessment.Approved tester through bjupress.com – ITBS and Stanford. Approved tester through Seton Testing.
- Credentials: Current teaching license in CO. 8 years in the classroom; currently a homeschooling mom and over six years of experience with homeschool evaluating/test proctoring.
Cheryl Kasson, Ph.D
- Services: Evaluation, Portfolio Assessment, Specializing in unschooling and special needs
Colorado Heritage Education School System (CHESS)
- Services: Iowa Test of Basic Skills, Evaluation
Dayspring Christian Academy
- Services: ACT, PSAT testing
- Services: Testing
- Credentials: Approved tester through Bob Jones University
Shiloh Christian Academy
- Glenda Childs, qualified test examiner
- Services: Services: Woodcock Johnson IV Test of Achievement and the Test of Cognitive Abilities (measuring auditory, visual & cognitive processing).
- Credentials: Colorado certified teacher with a BA in Elementary Ed, MA in Curriculum Instruction. In the field of education since 1985, including homeschooling for own children for 17 years.
- Services: Testing/Tutoring
- Credentials: Licensed Special Education Teacher (K-12), Certified Dyslexic Tutor, Consultant and Screener (Orton Gillingham based Barton Program), Linguistic Therapist
Gary M. Eisenberg, Ph.D
- Services: Learning Disability, Autism, and ADHD Testing. Tests Available: Woodcock-Johnson IV, Kaufman Test of Educational Achievement 3, all Wechsler IQ tests (preschool, child, adult), Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule-2, all Achenbach checklists, and ADHD rating scales. Following testing Dr. Eisenberg gives parents a concrete gameplan for behavioral and school improvement.
- Credentials: Child and Adolescent Psychologist; Colorado Licensed Psychologist
- Tester and evaluator. Masters degree with 30 years of experience.
- Services: Homeschool Evaluations (In-Person and Online), Homeschool Consultation, College Advising and College Application Support
- Credentials: Licensed School Counselor in Colorado (K-12); M.Ed. in Guidance and Counseling; Nine years as High School Counselor; Homeschool Mom
Elizabeth Ridgway, MS
- Services: Woodcoock Johnson IV Achievement Test, academic evaluations
- Credentials: Master’s degree in Special Education and Educational Diagnostics, Bachelor’s degree in Education, Colorado teacher’s license
Wanda Eppes, Psy.D
- Services: Testing in IQ, Autism, Academics, Attention, Processing, Behavior, Mood, Personality
- Credentials: Licensed Colorado Psychologist. Former Home-School mom, public school teacher, and currently dual practitioner with a Christian worldview.
- Rita Stevenson, M.A. Ed
Certified Dyslexia Specialist with International Dyslexia Association (IDA-CERI) in the Golden area. Orton-Gillingham tutoring in all literacy-related subjects and math. Educational consultant for K-adult students who learn differently. email@example.com. 303-884-2187.