Interested in homeschooling but want some help to get started? CHEC’s Introductory Seminar is handcrafted to bring you confidence and tools by learning from veteran homeschool parents about the why, how, what, and where questions of homeschooling in Colorado. Get ready to launch your homeschool successfully!
(Starting high school? Don’t miss our High School & Beyond seminar.)
Topics include . . .
- Things to consider before beginning
- Philosophy of homeschooling
- Homeschool law in Colorado
- Independent school options
- How to be successful in your homeschool
- Homeschool groups
- Special needs children
- Learning and teaching styles
- Record keeping and scheduling
- How to avoid burnout
- The success of homeschooling
- Answers to “What about socialization?” and other objections
August 10th: Castle Rock
- When: Saturday, August 10th, from 9:15 am – 2:30 pm
- Where: New Hope Presbyterian Church at 3737 New Hope Way, Castle Rock, Colorado 80109.
- Register: Cost is $40 for one parent, and spouse may attend for free. It includes a light breakfast and lunch. Grandparents are welcome to attend for free! (Childcare is not provided.) Click here to sign up and select the August 10th – Castle Rock option. Then join the event on Facebook here!
|9:15 am||Welcome & A Vision for Homeschooling|
|10:30 am||Colorado law|
|11:45 am||Nuts & Bolts (part 1)|
|12:30 pm||Lunch (included in registration)|
|1:00 pm||Nuts & Bolts (part 2)|
We’ve held seminars in Pueblo, Thornton,Denver, Colorado Springs, Castle Rock, Loveland, and more – and we’d love to come to your city! Want to help? Let us know. (Looking for the western slope? SPICE at Home hosts intro seminars; contact them for more information.)