Interested in homeschooling but want some help to get started? CHEC’s Introductory Seminar is handcrafted to bring you confidence and tools by learning from veteran homeschool parents about the why, how, what, and where questions of homeschooling in Colorado. Get ready to launch your homeschool successfully!
(Starting high school? Don’t miss our High School & Beyond seminar.)
Topics include . . .
- Things to consider before beginning
- Philosophy of homeschooling
- Homeschool law in Colorado
- Independent school options
- How to be successful in your homeschool
- Homeschool groups
- Special needs children
- Learning and teaching styles
- Record keeping and scheduling
- How to avoid burnout
- The success of homeschooling
- Answers to “What about socialization?” and other objections
Three options for registration:
- $30 per family to watch via video recording: Get access to every session recording, complete with slides, to watch at your leisure.
- $40 per family to attend in person: Includes a light breakfast (muffins & fruit) and lunch. Grandparents are welcome to attend for free. Childcare is not provided. Bonus: You’ll have access to recordings after the live event, too! Coming in August to Elizabeth, CO; not currently open for registration.
- FREE to attend in Denver (Wednesday, June 16th): This special mid-week seminar is hosted in association with the Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference and it’s totally free — our gift to brand-new homeschooling families. (Lunch not included.) It’s held at the Crowne Plaza Denver Airport Convention Center (15500 E 40th Ave, Denver, CO 80239), and the schedule varies slightly from the one posted below. Click here to learn more on the conference website and follow the listed steps to register.
|8:30 am||Vision & Philosophy of Homeschooling|
|9:45 am||Colorado law|
|11:00 am||Nuts & Bolts (part 1)|
|12:00 pm||Lunch (included in registration)|
|12:30 pm||Nuts & Bolts (part 2)|
|2:00 pm||Close of seminar|
We’ve held seminars in Pueblo, Thornton, Denver, Colorado Springs, Castle Rock, Loveland, and more – and we’d love to come to your city! Want to help? Let us know.