Interested in homeschooling? Attend one of CHEC’s introductory seminars to learn from veteran homeschool parents about the why, how, what, and where questions of homeschooling in Colorado.
(Starting high school? Don’t miss our High School & Beyond seminar.)
Cost is $40 for one parent, and spouse may attend for free. It includes a light breakfast and lunch. Grandparents are welcome to attend for free! (Childcare is not provided.)
Topics include . . .
- Things to consider before beginning
- Philosophy of homeschooling
- Homeschool law in Colorado
- Independent school options
- How to be successful in your homeschool
- Homeschool groups
- Special needs children
- Learning and teaching styles
- Record keeping and scheduling
- How to avoid burnout
- The success of homeschooling
- Answers to “What about socialization?” and other objections
Seminar schedule (subject to change)
|9:00 am||Welcome & A Vision for Homeschooling|
|10:30 am||Colorado law|
|12:00 pm||Lunch (included in registration)|
|12:45 pm||Nuts & Bolts|
We’ve held seminars in Pueblo, Grand Junction, Thornton, Colorado Springs, Castle Rock, Loveland, and more – and we’d love to come to your city! Want to help? Let us know.