Interested in homeschooling but want some help to get started? CHEC’s Introductory Seminar is handcrafted to bring you confidence and tools by learning from veteran homeschool parents about the why, how, what, and where questions of homeschooling in Colorado. Get ready to launch your homeschool successfully!
(Starting high school? Don’t miss our High School & Beyond seminar.)
Topics include . . .
- Things to consider before beginning
- Philosophy of homeschooling
- Homeschool law in Colorado
- Independent school options
- How to be successful in your homeschool
- Homeschool groups
- Special needs children
- Learning and teaching styles
- Record keeping and scheduling
- How to avoid burnout
- The success of homeschooling
- Answers to “What about socialization?” and other objections
Three options for registration:
- $30 per family to watch via video recording. Recordings include each session and are available to view anytime via private login to the website.
- $40 per family to attend in person (August 8th or 22nd): Includes a light breakfast and lunch. Grandparents are welcome to attend for free. Childcare is not provided. Bonus: In-person attendance also includes access to recordings!
- August 8th: Located at the New Hope Presbyterian Church at 3737 New Hope Way, Castle Rock, Colorado 80109.
- August 22nd: Located in room 251 (Oasis) at New Life Church, 11025 Voyager Parkway, Colorado Springs, CO 80921.
|8:30 am||Vision & Philosophy of Homeschooling|
|9:45 am||Colorado law|
|11:00 am||Nuts & Bolts (part 1)|
|12:00 pm||Lunch (included in registration)|
|12:30 pm||Nuts & Bolts (part 2)|
|2:00 pm||Close of seminar|
We’ve held seminars in Pueblo, Thornton, Denver, Colorado Springs, Castle Rock, Loveland, and more – and we’d love to come to your city! Want to help? Let us know. (Looking for the western slope? SPICE at Home hosts intro seminars; contact them for more information.)