Come weary. Leave refreshed.
Has the busyness of life crept into your homeschool leaving checklists incomplete, dishes piling up, and relationships simmering on the back burner? Do you find yourself feeling tired, behaving distracted, and low on patience?
We recognize all of those things take a toll on a parent’s soul. Homeschooling is hard; but at CHEC, we believe that you were called to homeschool with confidence and purpose.
It’s our honor to welcome you to 2023 Refresh. Share a day of laughter, learning, and worship with other homeschool mamas. Guest speaker Durenda Wilson, author of Four-Hour School Day, will share wisdom centered around: Learning to Walk in Unforced Rhythms of Grace.
Throughout the day we will worship our good and loving Savior, share our burdens and joys with one another, build friendships through intentional fellowship, and be built up in the Word of God.
Here’s all the details:
- Date: March 4, 2023
- Location: Bethany Evangelical Free Church
- Address: 6240 S Broadway, Centennial, CO 80121
- Price: $45/person
- Time: 8:15am–2:45pm
- Theme: Learning to walk in unforced rhythms
Guest Speaker: Durenda Wilson
With more than twenty-seven years of home education experience, Durenda Wilson is a trusted voice and resource at homeschooling conventions and on The Durenda Wilson Podcast.
Durenda and her husband, Darryl, have eight kids (7 graduated) and nine grandchildren. As an author and speaker, her greatest joy is reminding moms how doable and effective homeschooling is and that they are, in fact, qualified for the job! Her books include The Four Hour School Day, The Unhurried Homeschooler, and Unhurried Grace for a Mom’s Heart. Learn more about Durenda on her website.
Refresh Ladies’ Day at a Glance
Settle in and get comfy.
- 8:15am Doors open and continental breakfast begins
- 9:15am Welcome begins
- Session 1: Finding Rest–How to find rest and why it matters
- Session 2: Finding Rhythm–Exploring Matthew 11 and how we apply that to motherhood
Laugh and connect.
- Lunch begins shortly after noon
- Sit back, laugh, and enjoy this time
- Meet new friends and discuss the incredible things you learned in the morning sessions
Be refreshed and empowered.
- 1:45 Afternoon sessions kick-off
- Session 3: Creating Ritual–How to slow your heart and weave simple rituals into our daily lives
- Session 4: Q&A with Durenda
- Wrap up is at 4:45pm (you won’t want to leave, though).
- And we won’t want you to either… so expect to hear from us!