CHEC takes a bold stand at the Colorado State Capitol to protect your homeschool freedom, parental rights, and religious liberty through the Colorado Homeschool Freedom team. Will you stand with us?
We’re grateful for God’s faithfulness to provide dedicated leaders and volunteers who have protected our freedom since the passing of Colorado’s home education law in 1988. And today, with pressures mounting here and around the nation, we are determined to make sure that work continues.
CHEC Homeschool Legislative Liaison Carolyn Martin leads the effort through the Colorado Homeschool Freedom Team, monitoring legislation at the Capitol in both the House and Senate on your behalf. But we need you to join us!
Join the Team & Take Action
Complete this form to get started making a difference for your homeschool freedom in Colorado.
More Colorado Homeschool Freedom Resources
1. Contact your representatives
- Find Your State Legislators (using your street address)
- List of all Colorado State Senators
- List of all Colorado State Representatives
- Find Your US and State Legislators (via HSLDA)
- Tips for Meeting with Your Legislators
2. Join the Home School Legal Defense Association (homeschool rights)
CHEC highly recommends joining the Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA). In addition to fighting for homeschool liberty throughout the United States, HSLDA provides a plethora of information for homeschoolers.
3. Join Heritage Defense (parental rights)
CHEC also recommends joining Heritage Defense, a non-profit legal advocacy organization dedicated to advancing the Kingdom of Christ by protecting and empowering the biblical family. Their mission is to defend the parental rights of Christian home educating families against illegitimate attacks by social services.
4. Homeschool Research Resources
- National Home Education Research Institute (NHERI)
- Homeschooling Backgrounder
- Concerning education in general: Truth in American Education