We Need Your Presence!
By Carolyn Martin (CHEC Director of Government Relations)
How will they know, if we don’t go?
And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things!” Romans 10:15, NKJV
How will the legislators know that we care about the education of our children and our freedom to do as God called us to, if we don’t go and tell them? And more importantly, how will they know the good news of Jesus if we don’t bring His light into the Capitol?
At CHEC’s Meet Your Legislator Day this year, a small group of homeschoolers attended and legislators were thankful. How much more impact can we have when thousands of us show up! Listen to the response of some of the legislators on the floor of the House from that day here.
Reasons to Attend CHEC’s Homeschool Day at the Capitol
For the legislators:
- To hear a unified voice for homeschool freedom.
- To let them know we are paying attention to what they are doing at the Capitol. (See a short list of bills that are of concern here.)
- And for those who stand with us, to show our gratitude and encourage them to continue fighting to keep homeschooling free from government control.
For your family:
- To join with the greater community of homeschoolers to pray for each other and our country.
- To learn as a family about how our state government works and our role as citizens in it.
- To meet those who represent your family. (Here are some tips for meeting with your legislators.)
For future homeschoolers:
- To be able to pass onto them the same freedom we enjoy today!
CHEC’s Homeschool Day at the Capitol, Friday, April 22
See photos from past years, check out the schedule for the day, and register for CHEC’s Homeschool Day at the Capitol here. You can also purchase lunch for your family when you register!
Join us as we stand boldly together for homeschool freedom!