It all began in 1987. Two homeschool moms led a fledgling group of concerned homeschoolers to craft a bill that would provide homeschool freedom for Colorado. They were surrounded by families facing truancy charges, developing escape plans for social service visits, and continually fearing the arbitrary will of school districts.
It was time to act.
Because of their effort, thousands of families across Colorado now have the freedom to homeschool their children in the fear of God. Homeschooling exploded, and it’s still growing as parents begin to take action for the education of their children.
But the battle isn’t over. It remains as crucial as ever that we maintain our homeschool freedom in the state of Colorado. This summer, CHEC is running the Homeschool Freedom Initiative to redouble our efforts on homeschool advocacy, public policy, and the defense of homeschool freedom. But we need your help.
- Know the history. We’re living the history of Colorado homeschooling today, so it’s important to recognize who’s gone before us. Watch the video about Colorado’s battle for homeschool liberty here.
- Stay updated. Subscribing to our enews and blog updates will allow you to stay informed about any current issues in Colorado.
- Join the Homeschool Freedom Initiative. We’re looking for 100 new donors to enable CHEC to build a team of individuals to:
- Keep a careful watch on the legislative front
- Alert you and other Coloradans to homeschool and family liberty issues
- Fight for continued liberty
Will you join us in keeping Colorado homeschool freedom strong?