When summer hits and school is out, it doesn’t mean the learning & fun has to stop! A mom & daughter team from here in Colorado worked with CHEC to create two packed-full PDFs filled with creative, out-of-the-box ideas for engaging your children and teens in fun activities that also pack a big learning punch.
And they’re our gift to you! Click the button below to subscribe and get your copies delivered via email.
102 Ideas to Keep Kids Busy At Home
Kristi Burton Brown JD, herself a homeschool graduate now homeschooling her own children, created this helpful comprehensive list of ways to spend quality time with your children. You’ll find ideas, explanations/how-tos, and clickable links to jumpstart you into activities like …
- Learning origami
- Teaching food fractions
- Sampling spices to learn what makes foods taste different
- Making paper in a blender
- Identifying constellations in the night sky
- … and 97 more ideas, too!
44 Ideas for ‘Tweens & Teens Learning at Home
Debra Burton, homeschool mom, Colorado State Mediator, author, and speaker, created this PDF centered around eight core “jurisdictions.” Each of the 44 ideas will help you motivate your 12- to 18-year-olds to learn vital skills for entering adulthood AND have a great time while they’re at it!
Every idea is combined with book/movie/resource suggestions and detailed explanations. Here’s a sampling of the ideas:
- Teach how to evangelize
- Help your teen develop a club or Bible study for younger children
- Teach about muscle groups, then set up an exercise routine to strengthen those parts of the body
- Good sleep & grooming habits
- Study the biblical concepts regarding co-signing, lending, borrowing, and being in debt
- Use journaling to learn how to express feelings appropriately
- … and 38 more!