You’re invited to partner with CHEC in promoting Colorado home education that is Christ centered, parent directed, and free from government control by donating, supporting us via these programs, and volunteering.
CHEC is made up of volunteers – busy homeschooling families, just like you, who see a need and get involved. And there are lots of ways to join in! We encourage you to involve the whole family, too. Children are welcome to join in year-round volunteer projects, although conference positions require adult volunteers. Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Policies & Benefits
- All CHEC volunteers above the age of 12 may receive $3.00 per hour off their personal or immediate family member’s registration for CHEC’s annual conference. (This includes time volunteered throughout the year and during the conference.) Hours volunteered after the conference earn vouchers toward the next year’s conference. Vouchers are issued by the volunteer supervisor.
- Anyone who has worked as a volunteer since last year’s conference (and their spouse) is invited to shop the Exhibit Hall and Used Curriculum during Thursday evening of the annual conference.
- All Day Workers (who volunteer at least 8 hours on a single day during the conference) include a lunch voucher and a 50% discount off the full price of conference recordings.
- 3-Day Supervisors and Event Coordinators receive a full conference pass for themselves and their immediate families, plus additional benefits dependent on specific area of service.
You can serve with CHEC throughout the year at special events like Homeschool Day at the Capitol, fundraising, spelling bees, graduations, and more, or helping with projects at the CHEC Office. (Any volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.) Learn more about specific opportunities on the volunteer form.
Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference Opportunities
Please note, Conference volunteer positions are only open to adults ages 18 and older.
- 3-Day Supervisor serves all three days of the conference, working alongside Conference Chairman prior to and during the conference. Assists Chairman and fills in as needed when Chairman is handling other issues.
- All Day Worker serves a minimum of eight hours in one day at the conference assisting Committee Members.
- Hourly Worker serves on an hourly basis before or during the conference.
- Special notes for conference volunteers:
- Childcare is not provided during the conference or planning meetings. Please make other arrangements.
- Dress guidelines are in place to honor others and maintain a professional appearance. (Business casual, specifically men with loose fitting dress slacks and a button-up shirt, or a sport coat and tie; women with a modest, loose fitting skirt or dress slacks and blouse or nice top, or a well covering dress.)
- Want to serve in a larger way during one of CHEC’s special events? Contact us to learn of opportunities.