We’re on a mission to connect every Colorado state legislator with a homeschool family.
When each House Representative and Senator has a positive, personal, ongoing connection with a family in their district, they’ll have a clear understanding of how potential legislation may negatively (or positively) affect homeschoolers.
CHEC has been at the forefront of facilitating this personal connection for years, and in 2021 we’re starting fresh — and that means we need you! Here’s how to jump in:
- Sign up (see below on this page) to be YOUR district’s personal connection to homeschooling.
- Carolyn Martin, CHEC Homeschool Legislative Liaison, will provide you with your legislator’s contact info and tips for making personal contact.
- Your family will pursue one initial connection with your legislators (in-person if possible) before the legislative session begins.
- You’ll follow up with 2-3 visits/phone calls throughout the session (typically ending in May), and you’ll be on-call to connect with your legislator in the event of critical homeschool-related issues where we need their support.
- Your family’s unique homeschool experience will influence our freedom here in Colorado.
We get that it might sound intimidating. But we promise — it doesn’t have to be, and we’ll help every step of the way with suggestions for what to say, what not to say, and how to share your appreciation with the legislators while also making a difference for homeschool liberty close to home. You have the potential to impact our freedom for generations to come, and it starts with a simple sign-up today.
Quite obviously, it’s not something we can do on our own. We need at least one family in EVERY Colorado district to stand with us.