Whoever thus serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men. So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding. (Romans 14:18-19)
Serving Christ. Creating Peace. Upbuilding. Be refreshed in these truths when you come for a relaxing weekend. Through speaker sessions, round table discussions, and plenty of networking/fellowship time, you’ll be equipped with biblical skills that will help you thrive in your role as a homeschooling parent and leader.
This retreat is a benefit for leaders who are part of groups active in the CHEC homeschool group network. (Spouses are welcome too.) Are you are homeschool leader? Join our homeschool group directory to stay connected with us.
CHEC is able to cover more than 50% of the actual cost of this event because of the generosity of families who support our ministry financially.
All active leaders (and their spouses) of homeschool groups who are currently part of the CHEC homeschool group network are invited.
Hosted at the gorgeous Glen Eyrie Retreat Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. All buildings are located within walking distance at this getaway nestled at the base of Pikes Peak.
Schedule is tentative and subject to change.)
Friday, March 27th:
- 2:00 – Retreat check-in
- 2:30 – Opening & worship
- 3:00 – Session #1: Avoiding Legal Surprises (Michael P. Donnelley, Esq.)
- 4:30 – Hotel check-in
- 5:00 – Round table discussion
- 6:00 – Dinner
- 7:00 – Free time for fellowship & networking
Saturday, March 28th:
- 7:30 – Breakfast & hotel check-out (by 9:00)
- 9:00 – Group devotions & worship
- 9:30 – Session #2: Resolving Conflict Biblically (Dan Wetzel)
- 11:00 – Round table discussion
- 12:00 – Lunch
- 1:00 – Session #3: Legislative Update (Carolyn Martin)
- 1:30 – Group goal planning (among your group’s leaders)
- 2:30 – Round table discussion
- 4:00 – Final discussions
- 4:30 – Retreat ends
Hotel rooms will be within a retreat lodge located near the main castle. You can register to share a room with another attendee, share with your spouse, or have your own. Rooms are equipped with two queen beds, a full bathroom, and a desk.
Prepare for some delicious food served in style! The all-you-can-eat buffet meals include Friday’s dinner and Saturday’s breakfast and lunch, served in the King James Dining Room inside the Glen Eyrie Castle.
- Individual (with your own room) – $95
- Individual (sharing a room) – $59
- Couple (husband and wife) – $120
This cost covers all lodging and meal expenses. Space is limited and we expect it to fill up, so sign up soon!
Contact us and let us know.