If you know any single mothers homeschooling their children, you know the journey is often a lonely and difficult one.
Like you, we share a burden for these brave moms. That’s why CHEC’s ministry has a special fund for widowed and single homeschooling mothers, called the Casterline Single Moms Fund.
The story behind the Casterline Fund …
Larry and Nancy Casterline, volunteers with CHEC for many years, were serving on the CHEC conference committee in 2001 when Larry passed away in his sleep the night before the conference. Shortly after Larry’s death, Nancy started the Casterline Single Moms Fund to help other moms who found themselves in similar situations.
Today: Helping Single Moms
The fund, a ministry of CHEC, helps support widows and single moms who desire to homeschool but may not have the means for practical items. These moms can receive support including:
- Discounts or complimentary registration for CHEC events (contact us to request) and the Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference (use this form to request)
- Scholarship for enrollment in the CHEC Independent School (mark the box on the enrollment application to request)
- Funds to cover curriculum, up to $100/child or $200/max per family (click here to request curriculum funds)
- Free gift of a special banquet, the Casterline Banquet, hosted every fall just to bless single moms (click here to learn more and register)
If you have a heart for helping single moms, here’s what you can do:
- Donate to the fund
- Share these opportunities for benefits with the single moms you know.
- Be a part of helping struggling families continue homeschooling!