The CHEC Independent School functions under the Colorado Non-Public School law. It’s essentially a private school in which students are taught at home by their parents. The CHEC Independent School does not receive any government funds. We operate under these policies.
Parents are responsible for the education of their children – our goal is to help you in that God-given role.
- School FAQ
- School Policies
- School Forms & Products
- Assessment Information
- Manage My Account
- Record Storage (we’ll hold test scores if you filed a Notice of Intent)
Why should I choose the CHEC Independent School?
We are here so that you don’t have to launch out all on your own! Join the CHEC Independent School and begin your homeschooling adventure with peace of mind. You’ll appreciate . . .
- Our Christian worldview
- Not being required to file a Notice of Intent with a public school system
- Not being required to wait 14 days to begin schooling (may begin immediately upon acceptance of enrollment)
- Confidential assessment records storage
- Minimal oversight of your homeschooling program
- Easy enrollment that is open for the school year through April 30th, is reasonably priced, and covers the entire family, not just one student
- The freedom to decide what curriculum is best for your student
- The three assessment options we accept
- That our experienced staff of homeschooling veterans and graduates are a year-round resource to answer questions, provide encouragement, and support your home school
What the CHEC Independent School is not:
- An enrichment program
- A co-op
- A full-service school with provided curriculum and instruction
- A virtual school
- Membership in CHEC (CHEC is a statewide homeschool support organization and is donation-based, not membership-based)
- A government-funded educational program