The CHEC Homeschool Day at the Capitol is an all-day family field trip event that culminates in the Colorado Homeschool Rally at noon on Thursday, April 25th on the west steps of the Capitol. This is one of the largest annual rallies ever held in Colorado at the Capitol, and we need you to help us continue to hold our strong stand for homeschool freedom and liberty!
We need you to be there. A large crowd on the Capitol steps will send a strong statement to every Colorado legislator and beyond: We value our freedom and we’re here to prove it!
Here’s how you can make an impact:
- Register now: Click here
- Encourage others to attend:
Please invite grandparents, neighbors, and friends – everyone who values educational and religious liberty. Let’s stand strong together at the Colorado Homeschool Rally!
- Location: The rally is held on the west steps of the Colorado State Capitol, located at 200 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80203.
- Parking/Arrival: There is plenty of paid parking (street or lot) near the Capitol, but please note that there is no public parking available at the Capitol. (Carpooling is encouraged – make the drive a fun one with other homeschool families!) Click here for a map of suggested parking areas. Light Rail is also a fun option and it stops just a few blocks away from the Capitol; click here for more info.
- What to wear: Due to the formal business atmosphere at the Capitol, all attendees should dress in business or church attire (or historical costumes) — first impressions are important. Dress nicely, speak kindly, and keep children quietly and respectfully by your side.
- Weather: April can be unpredictable, and the rally will be held rain or shine (or snow!), so dress in layers and pray for sunshine!
- What to expect: The rally will feature music, recognition of elected officials, and special guest speakers.
- Other fun stuff: The rally is just one part of Homeschool Day at the Capitol. Other fun activities hosted by CHEC include Chick-fil-A sack lunches, self-guided tours of the Capitol, interactive activity booths, and more. Find out more here.