Christmas music, concerts, and special events are always a highlight of the Christmas season. Here’s a list of upcoming events (some free and some cost) that are both educational and fun for your family!
Christmas Concerts and Performances
- Irving Berlin’s White Christmas production, December 6, 12, 14, discounted tickets for homeschool groups (mention CHEC). Must call group sales at (303) 446-4829 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CCU School of Music Christmas Celebration, December 7–8, Littleton (cost applies)
- Christmas with the Colorado Children’s Chorale, December 8, Boettcher Concert Hall (cost applies)
- Bold Reflection Christmas Concert, December 16, Littleton Bible Chapel (free) Join Bold Reflection, a group of talented homeschool graduates and musicians for a free Christmas concert. Learn more here.
- Christmas Spectacular Concert, (featuring composer Mark Hayes) December 16, First United Methodist Church, Colorado Springs (cost applies)
- The Nutcracker by the Colorado Ballet, (dates throughout December, cost applies)
- The Nutcracker children’s rendition by the Dance Conservatory of Denver, December 8-9 (cost applies)
- The Nutcracker by the Littleton Youth Ballet, December 14–16 (cost applies)
- The Nutcracker by the Colorado Conservatory of Dance, December 8–16 (cost applies)
Handel’s Messiah Performances
No Christmas season is complete without attending a performance of the Messiah! Below are a some of the performances coming up in Colorado.
- The Golden Concert Choir Handel’s Messiah, December 1 (more of a local production, cost applies)
- Colorado Bach Ensemble Handel’s Messiah, December 15–16 (cost applies, student discount)
- Boulder Messiah Sing Along, December 15–16 (cost applies)
- The Colorado Symphony Handel’s Messiah, December 20 (cost applies)
- Denver Zoo Lights, November 30–January 6 (tickets required)
- Blossoms of Light at Denver Botanic Gardens, November 23–January 1 (tickets required)
- Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site Holiday Evening, December 15, Colorado Springs (tickets required)
- Littleton Historical Museum Holiday’s Evening, December 10 (tickets required)
Merry Christmas from the CHEC team!