By Julianna Dotten
Before we get to some practical ways you can support CHEC with things you already do (like ordering books from Amazon), make sure you’ve plugged into all the ways CHEC can SUPPORT you!
- Find a local homeschool group on our database
- Stay on top of Colorado homeschool events and field trips (here)
- Get the training and encouragement you need at one of our seminars and events (here)
- Find out how to homeschool in Colorado with our newly-updated Guidebook (purchase here)
- Keep up-to-date on local tutors, curricula, and more on our resources page (here)
Plus, CHEC works hard to keep homeschool and parental rights strong in Colorado through our Homeschool Freedom Iniative.
But we need you to keep our support system strong! Below are six ways you can invest in the homeschool community:
1. Box Tops
These actually count. I mean really. Taking the extra minute to snip out the Box Top on your cereal box can make a huge difference for CHEC! Start a collection and then drop them by our office or take them to the next CHEC event you attend.
2. Amazon Smile
You’re a homeschooler, so I know you like to buy books! Why not purchase your next load of curriculum through Amazon Smile? It’s exactly the same as ordering through Amazon. Just make sure to select Christian Home Educators of Colorado as your charity.
Whether it’s helping at an event like our annual Rocky Mountain Homeschool Conference or dropping by our office for a few hours to help, volunteering is a great way to invest in the ministry of CHEC. As a non-profit, we depend upon families like you to keep going!
CHEC is dedicated to reaching families with a vision of home discipleship and education, free from government funding. But that means we need you! Prayerfully consider donating to this key ministry, and invest in the education of the next generation!