Fathers and sons (over 250 of them) from 34 states, Mexico, and British Columbia traveled to the Rocky Mountains on September 1-4, 2016 for four days of adventures, relaxation, and biblical encouragement. Over 2,700 meals were served (all made from scratch!), much-needed after full days of adventuring: zip line and ropes course challenges, highland games, dog training, swimming, basketball … and more.
But what is more – the relationships strengthened and truth shared will, we pray, last into eternity. Here are a few comments from attendees:
- “I learned how to communicate better with my son, and his desire to know the Lord through His word and prayer has increased dramatically.”
- “I trust God is at work in my son’s life and I see fruit of righteousness. I thank God for the men who come together in winsome purposeful community to impact us with the very words of God, which will bear fruit in multiplied ways only God knows.”
- “We have a ‘good’ relationship but now we are more committed to a godly relationship.”
[The most important thing that happened this weekend was] “the immense joy I had in spending one on one time with my son and seeing how God is maturing him.”
And a few encouraging reminders from the weekend:
- Good shepherds always lead from the front, rather than drive from behind. Scott Brown
- A family is a little Kingdom of Heaven for the glory of God. Scott Brown
- A godly man has had an encounter with God: He knows brokenness before God, understands the Cross, and experiences the holy blood of Jesus cleansing him from all sin. Kevin Swanson
- The preservation of a generation is the preservation of love. Scott Brown
- A Godly man is a man who is enamored with God; God dominates his thinking. Kevin Swanson
- Fathers should always be asking themselves, “How am I sabotaging my son with the love of the world?” Sons should always be asking themselves, “What it is driving me?” Scott Brown
- The godly man is overwhelmed by God’s love, grace, and goodness. Kevin Swanson
May the fruit from this weekend bring much honor and glory to Jesus Christ and contribute to building His kingdom!